It isn't hard to create your own sophisticated invitations. On Heidi Swapp's blog I share ways you can make foiled wedding invitations if you do not know how to use Photoshop. In this tutorial, I will share how easy it is to create them if you know basic Photoshop skills.
1. Create a new 5x7 document with a white background at 300dpi.
2. Add a wreath, or other digital art at the top of your card.This succulent set is by Simply Summer Design. Add the text that you do not want foiled. You will flatten this image. This is the image you will save and have it printed on an ink jet printer at your local copy store. (*Save the Photoshop document for step 3.)
3. Next, you will want to open the same document you just printed and add the names and date.
4. In your layers, hide the items you don't want foiled (in this case everything besides the names and date). Click on the "eye" as shown below to hide layers. Flatten and save.
You will take this image to your local copy shop and have them print it on the color copy you just did with a laser printer.
5. While you are at it, have them cut your paper too!
6. Now you are ready to foil your wedding invitation! There will be no waste in foil as you can now just place foil over the names and date. This part was the only part printed with laser and will only be the part that will react with the foil inside the Minc! Watch how to do that here!
Learn more budget friendly ways to add foil to your wedding right here! It is amazing how custom and expensive this invite looks in person and the price was pennies to make!
Create Well: Get a foiled invitation for less using the Heidi Swapp Minc Foil Applicator!