Isn't the cake everything? When I was planning my daughter's birthday party I just saw flowers on the cake like this in my mind and designed the party around them. They were pretty amazing on the glittered edible polka dotted fondant cake.
This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of Create Often with Jennifer Evans. I am an employee and do receive financial compensation and material product from American Crafts to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.
I couldn't get the gold and rose gold flowers out of my head too. I wanted the party to be fun with a touch of elegance. This was probably the last birthday I would have the only say in and why not go all out?! Ha!
Directions to make the foiled flowers for the cake -
Heidi Swapp Minc 3D Flowers
Minc Gold and Rose Gold Foil
1. Foil the flowers using this video tutorial
2. Place glue under the flower at the hole (hole is provided). Push the end of the toothpick slightly through the hole.
3. Place the toothpick upright to dry.
Directions to make the larger colored flowers -
1. Download Amy Robison Design flowers in the Silhouette store.Cut them with Bazzill Basics Paper cardstock.
2. Layer and glue.
3. When the flowers are dry, Glue them to the flat end of bamboo skewers. Dry.upright.
4. Using wire cutters snip the rest of the skewer to make the flower pick about 1".
The cake was the perfect focal point for the birthday table and I am so glad I made a new friend - Christine from Sweetly Baked!
Create Well: Let them eat cake!