Easter is one of my favorite time of year. Before my husband and I had children, we would head over to the Sunrise Service to hear the resurrection story together in worship as the sun rose. Now with our children, we try more than ever before, to help them understand the true meaning of why we celebrate.
This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of Create Often with Jennifer Evans. I am an employee and do receive financial compensation and material product from American Crafts to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.
I was very moved by Heidi Swapp's Easter Story that she shared on her blog right here. She was invited by SugarDoodle to share how her family celebrates Easter. Heidi's video and free printables were the inspiration behind this t-shirt. There's nothing like wearing God's word to get you through the day! Right?!
Here is how it was done.
1. Download the free printables from Heidi's website here.
2. Open the PDF in Photoshop and save as a JPEG.
3. Watch this tutorial from Heidi Swapp to create a cutting file from a JPEG or PNG in Silhouette Studio.
Silhouette PNG tutorial from heidi swapp on Vimeo.
4. Make sure to reverse your image by right clicking on your mouse and click reverse horizontally when you are done making your design.
5. Use the Silhouette Heat Transfer Material according to package directions to cut your design. I used pink!
I think shrinking the design to use on a onesie for a baby would be darling as a gift! Placing a verse on a drawstring muslin gift bag or on napkins would also make an Easter table setting special. There are so many ideas when you use your Silhouette die cutting machine!
Most of all, I hope that when making either Heidi Swapp's cards or something like this to wear, that the whole time you think on what Christ did for you!
Create Often: Remember, He did it for you!
Supplies: Heidi Swapp free Easter printables, Silhoutte Cameo, and HEAT-125M-PNK Silhouette Heat Transfer Material 12in x 36in